How are we responding to the financial cuts that in 2017 will see us 40% smaller than in 2010?
Kirklees Council has been told by Westminster to reduce its annual spending by over £150 million. This means that by 2017, we will be 40% smaller than we were in 2010.
As over 64% of the council’s money comes from Westminster, the only way to achieve these savings is through large scale change and doing things differently across the board.
Getting your ideas
We started It’s Time to Talk in September 2013 as a way of involving our local communities in the decisions we face in Kirklees.
This has helped us understand what matters to you and get your ideas on how we could save money and what you could do for yourself rather than relying on the council.
Overview of previous consultations
- Budget challenge report 2013
- Balancing the books report 2013
- Balancing the books report 2014 – phase 1
- Balancing the books report 2014 – part 2
- Budget consultation report 2015
- Community challenge results 2015
- Let’s talk…council budget 2016