The Council recently notified councillors, partners, MPs and other stakeholders about changes to the Community Partnerships grant programme as part of our new approach to Early Intervention and Prevention. This is a short update to let you know about the support now available for groups.
- We have a full-time, specialist funding and development officer, dedicated to providing ‘urgent support’ to groups most affected between now and the end of the year.
- We are increasing the frequency of our e-bulletins and other communications with groups to keep them as up to date as possible with developments and direct them to other funding sources.
- 5 other officers are currently supporting voluntary and community groups part-time, and are preparing/collating additional information.
- We are signposting groups to information about other funding, shared resources and support
- We are signposting groups to information to help support people stay independent.
As we said previously, the detail of the new community offer is still under development, and there will continue to be grants available from Early Intervention and Prevention, however we know that there will be less funding in total, and this will need to be more targeted and prioritised.
If you would like any further information about the developing Early Intervention and Prevention work in relation to communities, do not hesitate to contact Rachael Loftus: email@example.com